- 24 July 2015 - 26 July 2015
Friday 24th July
- 11.00 p.m.: departure from Pillaz, reachable by shuttles, which are made available by the Municipal Administration from 4.00 p.m.
Saturday 25th July
- 12.30 p.m. (approximately): arrival at the Oropa Sanctuary
- In the afternoon: confessions
- 5.00 p.m.: Holy Mass in the Basilica Nuova (New Basilica)
- 9.00 p.m.: torchlight procession
Sunday 26th July
- 8.00 p.m.: Holy Mass in the Basilica Antica (Old Basilica) and immediate departure to Fontainemore
- 7.30 p.m. (approximately): arrival in the parish church in Fontainemore
The procession from Fontainemore to Oropa leaves every 5 years at 11:00 pm from Villaggio Pillaz. This procession is one of the oldest, with origin in the 16th century, even if some scholars say its roots are actually much further back in time.
Every five years, thousands of worshipers, including the elderly and children, start the walk to reach the Sacred Monte di Oropa, on the Unesco World Heritage List since 2003.
The Bishop of Aosta accompanies the worshipers normally from the Valle d’Aosta side. The pilgrims reach the Colle delle Cinque Croci at dawn on the following day, while the arrival at the Sanctuary, with customary kissing of the threshold, is scheduled for midday.
Telephone:340 4001884 (Sig.ra Annamaria)