Aosta, city of art
Discover the most beautiful little corners of Aosta, along with a trusted, expert guide, without the need for a car, covering an unexplored itinerary right in the heart of the city.
2 nights from € 178
- 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
The most interesting, entertaining visits are those in the company of a friendly local, and this idea is designed to recreate that same special sensation of visiting a city along with a trusted, expert guide, someone who knows just what you like and is ready to give you a key role in your visitor experience.
Aosta is an ancient city with a complex and fascinating history linked to the development and maximum expansion of the Roman Empire as well as commerce, pilgrimages and transit in the Middle Ages.
The route starts from the majestic Porta Praetoria, the main entrance to the Roman city, moving towards the stunning façade of the Roman Theatre and the surprising cryptoporticus, an underground tunnel built to raise the temples of the Forum, blending into the classical monuments and masterpieces of Medieval art like the Collegiate Church and Cloister of Sant’Orso and the Cathedral with its characteristic two towers.
The tour concludes with a delicious cheese and meat platter with a tasting at one of the liveliest food and wine spots in the city centre.
The accommodation provided is in a residence in the heart of the historical centre that will allow you to fully experience the magical atmosphere of this Alpine capital with a brand new route, all entirely zero-km and with no need for a car.
Total cost of the package per person in a STUDIO X 2
|Period||Price per adult in studio||Price per adult in 1-bed flat 2+2||Price for 3rd/4th child bed in 1-bed flat with 2 adults|
|2 nights in low season||€ 178||€ 203||€ 78|
|2 nights in high season||€ 208||€ 265||€ 88|
HIGH SEASON: 23.12-03.01 – 07.08-21.08 minimum stay five nights - availability and prices on request
This special offer includes:
- 2 nights’ stay in a comfortable studio or one-bedroom flat in the heart of the historical centre
- a guided tour of Roman and Medieval Aosta, along with other little goodies, accompanied by a certified tour guide - the guided tour lasts for an hour and a half
- cumulative ticket for entrance to Roman Theatre, Forensic Cryptoporticus, Church of San Lorenzo, Regional Archaeological Museum
- tasting/aperitif at a charcuterie in the city centre
- a dinner with a typical Aostan menu at a restaurant in the city centre - drinks not included
- covered parking at a multilevel car park around 200m away from the accommodation in a ZTL area (limited traffic zone)
This special offer does not include:
- tourist tax
- tips and other personal expenses
- anything else not listed at “This special offer includes”
This package holiday is proposed by VdA Holidays — Aosta Valley Incoming Tour Operator.
Telephone:+39 0165 51 65 51 (3)