Aosta, city of art
Discover the most beautiful little corners of Aosta, along with a trusted, expert guide, without the need for a car, covering an unexplored itinerary right in the heart of the city.
2 nights from € 196
- 01 January 2017 - 31 December 2017
The most interesting, entertaining visits are those in the company of a friendly local, and this idea is designed to recreate that same special sensation of visiting a city along with a trusted, expert guide, someone who knows just what you like and is ready to give you a key role in your visitor experience.
The guided visit to Aosta starts out from the only winemaker that produces wine in the centre of the city, in an eighteenth-century courtyard with a splendid mill preserved inside it. The route continues from the magnificent Porta Praetoria, the main entrance to the Roman city, and moves on towards the amazing façade of the Roman Theatre and the surprising cryptoporticus, an underground gallery built to raise the temples of the Forum, blending with masterpieces of mediaeval art such as the collegiate church and cloister of Sant’Orso and the Cathedral.
The itinerary ends with a visit and tasting session in one of the traditional dairies in the centre of Aosta, with a cellar for maturing cheeses that was built way back in 1937.
Price of the package per person
|Period||Adult in double room|
|2 nights low season||€ 196|
|2 nights high season||€ 222|
Prices do not include the tourist tax, which must be paid at the hotel.
The offer includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation in b&b in Aosta
- buffet breakfast
- entrance to the hotel’s wellness centre
- guided visit to Roman and Mediaeval Aosta and other marvels, accompanied by a certified tourist guide – visits on Saturdays from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- cumulative ticket for entrance to Roman Theatre, Forensic Cryptoporticus, Church of San Lorenzo, Regional Archaeological Museum
- tasting session /aperitif in a fromagerie in the centre of Aosta
- typical Aosta Valley dinner - four-course menu - drinks excluded.
This package holiday is proposed by VdA Holidays — Aosta Valley Incoming Tour Operator.
Telephone:+39 0165 51 65 51 (3)