The fortified houses

Gaby

Rules for visitors

Jaccond, Maisonnasse or Soala House
Probably built in the 12th century, taller than five metres, it possibly served as a lazaretto during the 1630 plague. It was perhaps on that occasion that inhabitants abandoned the early village of Lihrla, on the left bank of the Lys river, of which only the ruins of the fortified house remain. The inhabitants descended then to Kiamouseyra (also called Chamboursiere or Chamousiere, “bearfield” or “field of the chamois”), where they founded the current village centre.

Palatz
Name commonly given to the fortified house belonging to the nobles of Troc-Drisquer, which dates back to 1632 and bears the following inscription in German on the roof beam: “Der Haus – Drisquer hat das lessen – Machen – MDCXXXII”. This construction was also mentioned among the houses of the “pouhrta”, local dialectal term meaning portal: a large gate takes you onto an inner courtyard, which in turn was surrounded by two or three houses. The two-leaf larch wood portal has a stone arch above it and is covered with loess roofing.

Fourvill Fortified Manor House
Perhaps the most famous “maison forte” of the village, it belonged to the Albert family and was built in 1676.

 
Meteo
Meteo

Details
Aosta
°C
°C
Tourist Areas
Tourist Areas

Mont Blanc

Gran Paradiso

Great Saint Bernard

Aosta and surroundings

Matterhorn

Monte Rosa

Central Valley

Tourist offer
Tourist offer
Webcam
Webcam
Antagnod

Webcams map       Resort
Brusson

Webcams map       Resort
Champoluc

Webcams map       Resort
Gressoney Saint Jean

Webcams map       Resort
Gressoney La Trinité

Webcams map       Resort
Brusson - Palasinaz

Webcams map       Resort