Parish church of the Holy Trinity
Since its foundation in 1702, the church has been dedicated to the Holy Trinity, but its patron is Saint Francis Xavier, given that it could not be attributed the patronal title of the Three Divine Persons.
- the main altar, contemporary to the church, in Baroque style with a few elements that are reminiscent of the Renaissance, made of gilded and painted wood, it was saved from a fire around the mid 1800’s
- the circular tabernacle dating back to 1704
- the silver and gold plated copper ornamental lamp, dating back to 1695.
In 1975 a serious theft was perpetrated in the church; some purloined items have been replaced by works realized by the sculptor Siro Viérin, while other objects have been brought from the local chapels, such as the two statues positioned on the altar dedicated to Saint Joseph, originating from the chapel of Tschaval.
The belltower, which is contemporary to the church, rises up for approximately 30 metres. The spire, with wooden structure covered in galvanized iron, dates back to 1819 and has an unusual onion shape, surmounted by a copper bowl and a cross. It was originally fitted with three bells, to which a further three were added in 1933. The entire bell ring, renewed and inaugurated in 1992, with its twelve bells is the most complete in Piedmont and Valle d’Aosta. The oldest bell belonging to the ancient ring is exposed in the village’s main square.
Adjacent to the church, the cemetery is noteworthy due to its age and the quality of the handmade stone tablets, work of local sculptors and stone-cutters but especially due to the beautiful stone cross that is set upon it, which was erected by the reverent parish priest Valentino L. De La Pierre in 1722.