Plaisirs de culture
- 17 September 2022 - 25 September 2022
See the program here
Castles, archaeological sites and exhibitions with free admission from 17 to 25 September 2022 from 9am to 7pm:
Reservations are recommended at this link
• Castel Savoia of Gressoney-Saint-Jean
• Issogne Castle
• Verrès Castle
• Gamba Castle of Châtillon
• Fénis Castle
• Royal Castle of Sarre
• Aymavilles Castle
• Early Christian church of San Lorenzo
• Roman cryptoporticus
• MAR – Regional Archaeological Museum
• Roman theatre
• Pont-d’Aël roman bridge-aqueduct
EXHIBITIONS IN AOSTA
• Regional Archaeological Museum: Espressionismo svizzero
• Saint-Bénin Centre: Arshark Sarkissian. Angeli e Demoni
EXHIBITIONS IN CHÂTILLON
• Gamba Castle: L’ultima guerra di Mario Schifano 1988-1998
From 17 to 25 September 2022, in conjunction with the “European Heritage Days”, Plaisirs de culture offers a series of activities to promote and enhance the heritage and cultural traditions of the Aosta Valley region.
A rich and varied calendar invites you to discover, or re-discover, numerous archaeological sites, cultural heritage, museums and collections distributed throughout the region, some of which are normally closed to the public or subject to work and research.
During the whole period, tickets to lot of exhibitions, castles and cultural sites are free or reduced.
An excellent opportunity not only to appreciate a precious heritage, but also to enjoy the splendor of late summer in the Aosta Valley mountains.