- Sunday 18 April 2021
Cost per person: € 95.00.
The rate includes assistance from the Alpine Guide, mandatory search and rescue insurance and equipment to be requested when booking.
Meeting time and place: Appointment at 8h.15am at the Courmayeur Alpine Guides Society (in front of the Courmayeur Church)
Description of the day: Delivery of snowshoes and briefing on the day’s program.
Transfer by car to Col San Carlo at 1950m (25 min by car).
Preparation and departure.
The first part of the hike takes place along the summer path that leads to Lake Arpy, in winter it is completely covered with ice and snow.
Ascent to Col Croce at an altitude of 2380m.
Return to the car for the same ascent route.
The return to Courmayeur is expected in the afternoon.
Other useful information: Bring packed lunch.
The transfer is not foreseen.
The technical material will be delivered to the guides office on the afternoon of the day before the excursion from 5pm to 7pm, or in the morning before leaving at 8am.
Possibility to organize other itineraries.
Sunday excursion and on request also on week.
Panoramic and wild peak close to the valley of La Thuile from where the Mont Blanc massif offers itself in all its grandeur.
Easy hike, suitable for people of all ages.
- Walking time: about 5/6 hours of walking round trip;
- Difference in height: 400 m a/r
- Difficulty: hiking. Accompaniment with an Alpine Guide is recommended.
- Number of participants: minimum 5 people, maximum 6 people (children from 9/10 years old). The organization will endeavor to complete the group of at least 5 people.
- Recommended clothing, equipment and materials: Mountain boots or trekking boots; ski clothing, cap, gloves, sunglasses, mask, sanitizing gel and backpack. Snowshoes, poles and Artva will be provided by the Alpine Guides.
- In case of bad weather? In the event that the mountain or weather conditions do not allow the planned program to be carried out, the organization will propose an alternative excursion or different dates for the same chosen program as a replacement.
If it is not possible to find an alternative date or an agreement is not found for another suitable excursion, the Courmayeur Alpine Guides Society will keep a credit that can be used for the same excursion to be spent within the following year.
- Booking procedure: on the guides site, it is advisable to book at least 10/15 days before in order to complete the group, last minute bookings are accepted only by phone. Advance payment is required.