Ultra Trail Cervino Matterhorn
- Saturday 16 July 2022
Friday 15th July 2022
Breuil-Cervinia, arrival area hamlet of Crétaz
- 4.00 pm-8.00 pm – welcome office opening and bibs distribution
Saturday 16th July 2022
- 5.00 am-5.40 am – last chance to collect bibs and punching
- 6.00 am – Ultra Trail Cervino Matterhorn start
- 1.00 pm – estimated arrival of the first competitors
- 5.00 pm – award ceremony
- 8.00 pm – arrival last competitors
Ultra Trail Cervino Matterhorn is a trail running competition at the foot of the Matterhorn. The path, 55 km long and with an elevation gain of 4100 m, is exceptional and runs alongside the eastern and southern side of the Matterhorn, while including multiple passages at over 3000 m of altitude on the Plateau Rosà glacier.
The route considered EE (CAI classification), routes for expert hikers will lead the runners through nearly all types of mountain terrains: mule tracks, paths, rocky track and glacier.
The event is designed to be eco friendly.