Lo pan ner - Saint-Vincent
- 05 October 2019 - 06 October 2019
SATURDAY 5TH OCTOBER
OVEN OF CILLIAN HAMLET
- from 9.30 am – Preparation of the dough, processing and cooking.
People wishing can prepare their own bread and withdraw it after cooking. Opening of Cillian chapel and possible to visit it. Small tasting of typical products accompanied by freshly baked bread
- from 3.00 pm – workshop for children
The children can knead the bread and remove it after cooking (limited places, please book them by phoning the Towh Hall to the numbers +39 0166 525102/Elisa or +39 0166 525110/Erica)
- from 7.30 pm in the centre: aperitif or dinner in the participating bars and restaurants with appetizers prepared with Cillian’s baked bread
SUNDAY 6TH OCTOBER
Square Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto:
- from 4.30 pm small bread tasting (cooked in the oven of Cillian)
- from 7.30 pm aperitif or dinner in the participating bars and restaurants with appetizers prepared with Cillian’s baked bread
The community ovens of the villages of nearly 50 Aosta Valley municipalitie will all fire up on to bake the traditional black bread.
Some ovens have been restored and are still in use today: an opportunity for local social gatherings and handing down local traditions.
Bread baking activities are carried out by the volunteers of the various villages, therefore the programs of local initiatives may vary. The location of the ovens and the program of local events is continuously updated on the event website (link indicated in the contacts).