Little Explorers Grow Up
A weekend of unusual and instructive adventures and experiences to share with your family. Starting at *€ 490 per family* 2 + 1.
2 nights from € 490
- 17 June 2019 - 13 October 2019
It starts with a brief, scenic walk from Cogne to reach Costa del Pino, where the guides of the Mining Park will welcome you and, after having equipped you with the special safety helmets, they will accompany you inside the highest magnetite mine in Europe, with a succession of over 100 km of galleries and original structures.
The visit is a surprising journey into the past with the old buildings, the tools, the rooms as the miners left them and the rattle of the old train that takes visitors along the hauling tunnel.
The program continues with a visit to the Maison Daynè Ethnographic Museum, a magnificent example of rural architecture in the Aosta Valley, and the Parc Animalier, a wildlife area that allows the visitor to observe the animals that inhabit the Alpine region and its rare collection of birds of prey; to complete the offer, there is also access to The Alps for Children activity at the Bard Fortified complex, where young guests will take a virtual climb of Mont Blanc, complete with harness, sharp ridges and gusts of wind.
Overnight stays at a cozy hotel with breakfast and dinner at a holiday farm with a typical Valle d'Aosta menu.
|Price per family||2 adults + 1 child 8/12||2 adults + 2 children 8/12|
|Off-season||€ 490||€ 606|
|Peak season: July and August||€ 602||€ 736|
- 2 overnight stays in a Family room at a comfortable *** hotel near Aosta
- buffet breakfast
- dinner at a holiday farm with a typical Valle d'Aosta menu - drinks included
- admission to and guided visit of the Cogne Mines accompanied by guides from the Mining Park – safety helmet
- admission to and free visit of the Maison Daynè Ethnographic Museum
- admission to and free visit of the Parc Animalier of Introd
- admission to the The Alps for Children activity at the Bard Fort, an interactive play space that simulates a virtual ascent of Mont Blanc and much more
- basic medical insurance
Fees do not include:
- tourist tax
- admissions not specified in the program
- extras of a personal nature
- all that is not mentioned in the section “Fees include”
Useful info for visiting the Cogne Mines:
- Open from June to the end of September based on snow conditions
- Length of the excursion and visit: half a day - 2 hours for the guided tour + 1h45min for the excursion on foot from the Miners' village to the mining site along the indicated farm path. The total difference in altitude is 330m. The guides welcome visitors directly at the entrance to the Mines. Possibility of off-road transfer with additional charge.
- The mine is accessed by the historic train used by the miners – 15min each way
- Average temperature around 7° - 95% humidity and cold air currents. Winter clothing and hiking boots are recommended: windbreaker, cap, gloves and long trousers even in mid-summer.
- Prohibitions and limitations: children from 8 - no pets - no smoking
"The Alps for Children" opening period: from June 16th to October 13th: Sunday
Telephone:+39 0165 51 65 51 (3)