Saint Mary Magdalene parish church
La Magdeleine was part of the parish of Antey-Saint-André up to 1789. However, as early as 1774 the parish church was erected and dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene, which also inspired the name of the municipality.
Already in 1795 the parish priest Joseph Grange had an embankment built around the church to treat the humidity that crawled along the walls. In 1816 the floor were raised by 1.80 metres and resulted in the construction of a 12 step entrance.
Other transformations took place, from the visit of the appointee to Mons. Duc, F. Marco Benchod, who mentioned the restoration work and an extension facing the mountain. In fact, the choir was moved to the east and the nave became more spacious. The work was carried out in 1886, while the current portico dates from a few years ago.
Telephone:(+39) 0166 548204