Pracourt Chapel

Saint-Vincent

LOCATION: on a rocky peak a short distance from the Roman bridge.

HISTORY: originally an oratory erected by the noble Mistralis family. In 1609 François Mistralis extended the oratory and built a hexagonal shaped chapel.
The temple is dedicated to Our Lady of Carmelo, celebrated on the 16th of July; here, on that day, mass was sung and vespers recited. Furthermore, Pracourt Chapel was the destination of an age-old procession held the third Sunday after Easter.

INTERESTING DETAILS: towards the end of the XIX century Our Lady Help of Christians was painted on the facade. A small bell-tower hosts a bell with the inscription “N.D. Carmes – 1911 – Haec dono Carolo Delapierre”. The walnut door and the two windows present a very solid, stone frame. Inside, the altar is worth noting and, on it, a fresco representing the Virgin of Carmelo and the pleading souls of Purgatory at her feet. The walls depict the suffering of Christ and the Resurrection.

Meteo
Meteo

Details
Aosta
°C
°C
Tourist Areas
Tourist Areas

Mont Blanc

Gran Paradiso

Great Saint Bernard

Aosta and surroundings

Matterhorn

Monte Rosa

Central Valley

Webcam
Webcam
Chamois

Webcams map       Resort
Champorcher

Webcams map       Resort
Saint Vincent - Col de Joux

Webcams map       Resort