THE OLD CHAPEL IN BREUIL – it existed as early as 1759, however it was renovated in 1869 and extended in 1925; it is dedicated to Our Lady of the Hermits and of Snow. Inside, it hosts a wooden, Baroque altar from the eighteenth century with four, small twisted columns. The sculpture of Our Lady comes from the Sanctuary of Notre Dame des Hermites – Einsiedeln (Zurich), a place in which the elderly inhabitants of Valtournenche would go on pilgrimage. The patron saint’s day is celebrated on the 5th of August (Our Lady of the Snow)
For visits, contact the Parish Church in Cervinia Via Gorret 11021 BREUIL-CERVINIA (AO) Telephone:0166.949102.
CIELOALTO CHAPEL– shares its name with the tourist resort and is dedicated to St. Theodule.
SAN BERNARDO DA MENTONE CHAPEL – built by the Bocchioli family in 1926 and still privately owned.
CHURCH OF THE ALPINI – You can reach this small church, built in remembrance of all those who died in the Mount Cervino Skier Battalion, by foot in half an hour from the town using an easy dirt road by following the directions for the Oriondé – Segnavia Refuge no. 13. There is a fir cross erected to the left of the church to recall the Holy Mass celebrated by Pope John Paul on the 19th July 1991. A large, nearby rock hosts a bronze plaque to mark the event.
For visits, contact Mr. Giuseppe Maquignaz, tel. 0166 949119.