Saint Anthony parish church

Вальтурнанш

The church faces the quiet, little square in the heart of the village’s centre where inscriptions recall the most famous alpine guides in the valley.
The building dates back to 1420, the year in which it replaced a previous chapel from 1412. It has a rectangular plan with three naves and, apart from the pole on the main altar by the painter Stornone, all the decorations are by Mazzini.
Beside the large altar in polychrome marble with a tabernacle built when the building was renovated, the church preserves other two, almost identical altars. They are both in carved, painted and partly gilded wood, with four twisted columns that vary in size and are separated by a frame.
The current building is the result of renovations in 1854.
The plastered belltower stands alone: it was built between 1760 and 1763 by the parish priest Jean-Jacques Perruquet, who also provided the large bell.

Населенный пункт

Parrocchia di Sant'Antonio
Località Capoluogo, 4
11028 VALTOURNENCHE (AO)
  • Telefono:
    (+39) 0166.92005
 
Meteo
Meteo

Подробности
Aosta
°C
°C
Веб камера
Веб камера
Breuil Cervinia

Webcams map       Resort
Chamois

Webcams map       Resort
Torgnon

Webcams map       Resort
Valtournenche

Webcams map       Resort
La Magdeleine

Webcams map       Resort