The Sanctuary is situated 980 metres above sea level, approximately 2 km outside the Gaby village.
Dedicated to Our Lady of Thanks, it became a place of pilgrimage, mostly famous from 1833, namely when it became a Sanctuary. In fact, it was initially only a chapel adorned with two altars and with a belltower. Following an avalanche, which he escaped unharmed, Jean Pantaléon Tousco made a vow to the Virgin Mary to build a Sanctuary where the accident took place; it was adorned by a wall including fourteen “Stations of the Via Crucis” painted by Francesco Curtaz, a small imitation of the Calvario by Varallo Sesia.
The main altar, in baroque style, made of carved and golden wood, as well as the organ, which dates back to the 18th Century (one of the oldest in Aosta Valley) are worth mentioning.
The sanctuary is open to visitors only on special occasions.
Celebration of the Holy Mass Sundays at 6 p.m. during the months of July and August.
August 15 Holy Mass at 3.00 p.m.