CHAPEL OF THE VISITATION AND OF SAN DEFENDENTE – in the district of Elèvaz. Founded in 1651, it was restored and extended in 1870. In 1691 it was looted by the French troops, who stole the bells to make them into cannons. On the 18th century altar there is a beautiful statue of the Madonna with Child, a statue of Saint Gratus and one of Saint Barbara. A second altar, contemporary with the previous one, is dedicated to Saint Defendente, invoked against avalanches and floods.
CHAPEL OF SAN ROCCO AND SANT’ANTONIO ABATE – situated in the district of Palleusieux, the date of its foundation is unknown. The current building, which was restored completely between 1978 and 1980, was decorated with frescos by the painter Renzo Roncarolo.
CHAPEL OF SANTA BARBARA – situated in the district of Champex. Its foundation dates back to 1649, the building was then restored initially in 1735. Saint Barbara (feast day on the 4th of December) was worshipped as the protector against fires, particularly feared in this area in which there were many hay barns and granaries surrounding the area’s only mill. On the altar, from the 18th century we find statues of Our Lady, Saint Lawrence, St. Joseph and the patron Saint.
CHAPEL OF SANTA LUCIA AND SANT’ANNA – already existent in the hamlet of Verrand at the end of the 16th century, first destroyed by the passage of the French army in 1691, in 1694 it had already been rebuilt. The latest restoration works date back to 1894. On the main altar (18th century) there are wooden statues of the two patron saints, Saint James, Saint Veronica, Saint Lawrence, Saint Gratus and another bishop saint.
HOSPICE AND CHAPEL OF S. ANTONIO ABATE in La Balme:
The village of La Balme long held the role of a stop-off point on the journey of pilgrims and merchants, as is evident from the existence of a hospital or hospice, in the late Middle Ages, it was an obligatory stop-off point for travellers going from the col of the Piccolo San Bernardo. The foundation of a chapel in honour of Saint Anthony the Great dates back to 1340, it was rebuilt and extended in 1677. Part of it is still visible at the upper edge of the village. In 1877, what remained of the chapel and the hospital was demolished to make room for the current chapel, which is dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalen (feast day 22nd July). The statues kept on the main altar date back to the 17th and 18th century.