- 28 February 2019 - 06 March 2019
L’Info Point di Via Chanoux 71, per la prevendita dei biglietti, è aperto tutti i sabati dalle 9.30-12.00 e dalle 14.30/18.30.
Tutti i lunedì, mercoledì e venerdì a partire dalle ore 14.30 alle 18.30.
Un camper per la prevendita dello spettacolo pirotecnico sarà presente in Piazza IV Novembre durante i giorni di carnevale.
Altri punti vendita
- Ferramenta Preti: tel.0125 807254;
- Hotel Ponte Romano: tel. 0125 804461;
- Bar Elisa: tel. 0125 186 5107;
- Edicola-Tabaccheria Consol: tel.0125 809190;
- Bar Ristoro Break House 2000
- Ferramenta Enrietti: tel. 0125 757271;
- Cartoleria L’Edicola di Simona: tel. 347 718 9740;
- Bar Donnas (Market Vallet): tel. 0125 809376;
- Hotel Armanac de Toubie: tel. 0125 966939;
- Bar Cafferin: cell. 320 781 6119;
- Caffè Savini: cell. 346 037 8600;
- Caffè Villettaz
Inoltre è possibile acquistare i biglietti online, tramite il servizio PAYPAL, attraverso il seguente link:https://www.carnevalepsm.it/paypal.asp.
Costo dello spettacolo piromusicale e rogo del diavolo €. 5,00; I bambini al di sotto dei 10 anni non pagano.
Thursday 28th February 2019
- 9.00 p.m. – Carnevalissima 2019 – Spectacular show featuring music, theatre, dance and much more besides, organised by the “Amici del teatro di Pont-Saint-Martin” (Theatre Friends) company, at the Town Auditorium. (Entry: 5,00 €)
Friday 1st March 2019
- 7.30 p.m. – Carnaval do Rio de Ponteiros – 11th edition of the “Veillà” (night-time celebrations) of the Pont-Saint-Martin Carnival: a full gourmet menu, prepared by the “Insulae” (local neighbourhood groups) and served throughout the night along Via Chanoux, accompanied by music and masked characters.
In case of bad weather, the event will take place at the Espace de la Rencontre
14th competition “The nicest masks”.
- 9.30 p.m. – Parade for the ceremony of the exposition of the Flags of the “Insulae” on the balcony of the Town Hall with the participation of the Fifes and Drums from Andrate
Saturday 2nd March 2019
- 8.30 p.m. – Official presentation of the Historical Characters of the 109th Historical Carnival in Piazza IV Novembre.
- 9.30 p.m. – Firework music display in the setting around the ancient Roman bridge
- 9.45 – Torchlight Parade along the Via Romana with the Historical Characters and the participation of the Insulae, of the Pont-Saint-Martin Band and of the Fifes and Drums from Andrate
- 10.00 p.m. – Opening ceremony – Ballroom dancing at the Maison du Boulodrome
Sunday 3rd March 2019
- 9.30 a.m. – Grand Gala parade of the Insulae from Piazza 1° Maggio to Piazza IV Novembre, featuring the Historical Carnival Characters and their Followers and the Pont-Saint-Martin Band.
- 10.00 a.m. – Performance-parade of Folk Groups through the streets of the centre and in Piazza IV Novembre
- 2.30 p.m. – Splendid parade of Folk Groups and Masked Groups with the Historical Characters, their Followers and the Pont-Saint-Martin Band. Start from the square in front of the Maison du Boulodrome
- 5.00 p.m. – Prizes awarded to the Masked Groups at the Maison du Boulodrome
- 7.00 p.m. – Aperitif-dinner with music at the Maison du Boulodrome with La Cürva Street Band from Santhià and DJ Marco, the voice of Radio Zeta. Free entry for everybody.
Monday 4th March 2019
- 9.30 a.m. – Parade featuring the Historical Characters and their Followers, with the participation of the Pont-Saint-Martin Band
- 10.00 a.m. – Reception for the Historical Characters and their Followers at the Town Hall.
- 10.45 a.m. – Blessing of the bean soup in Piazza 1° Maggio.
- 11.00 a.m. – Distribution of the bean soup and salami
- 12.00 noon – ”Fagiolata” (bean soup) at the Maison du Boulodrome (compulsory reservation at the InfoPoint at 71 Chanoux Street)
- 3.00 p.m. – Parade of the Insulae from Piazza 1° Maggio to Piazza IV Novembre, featuring the Historical Carnival Characters and their Followers and the Pont-Saint-Martin Band.
- 3.30 p.m. – 34th Chariot Race in Roman costume and Roman Relay Race for teenagers (reserved to 15 or less years old)
- 4.30 p.m. – Prize-giving ceremony and display of the Banner of the winning Insula 2019 on the stage in Piazza IV Novembre
- 5.00 p.m. – Children’s Carnival in music at the Maison du Boulodrome, with the participation of the Historical Characters
- 9.30 p.m. – Masked ball at the Maison du Boulodrome
Tuesday 5th March 2019
- 2.30 p.m. – Float parade with the participation of the Historical Carnival Characters and their Followers, the Pont-Saint-Martin Band and the Pipes and Drums from Andrate.
- 5.00 p.m. – Arrival of the floats in Piazza IV Novembre
- 8.45 p.m. – Burning of the devil under the historical Roman Bridge
- 9.00 p.m. – An extraordinary multimedial music and firework show, in the setting of the magnificent Roman Bridge (entry € 5,00 – ticket pre-sale from the 2nd February at the InfoPoint at 71 Chanoux Street).
- 10.30 p.m. – Spectacular closing dancing night at the Maison du Boulodrome
Wednesday 6th March 2019
- 12.30 p.m. – Traditional “polenta and hake” at the Maison du Boulodrome (compulsory reservation at the InfoPoint at 71 Chanoux Street)
San Martino (the Bishop) and his adversary Satan, then the Roman Consul, the Tribunes of the People, the Roman Guards and their Officer and, lastly, the Lily Nymph accompanied by her two Maids are the leading characters in the historical carnival in Pont-Saint-Martin. A key feature of the carnival is the chariot race: each district or “insula” in the town has its own chariot and team consisting of a charioteer and a number of athletic youngsters, whose job it is to pull the chariot. Tuesday is a day when the carnival parade is held with floats from Point-Saint-Martin, some nearby villages and towns in Piedmont and Val d’Aosta. The day comes to a close beneath the span of the old Roman bridge, with the burning of Diavolo Satana (Satan) and a spectacular firework display.