Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta

Этрубль

Located in the historic centre of the town, at the end of the main street.
The church was mentioned as early as 1177 in a Papal Bull by Alexander III as a dependent of the rectorship of Gran San Bernardo, despite the fact the bishop gave it certain rights. Almost all the parish priests were canons of Gran San Bernardo up to 1752, when a Papal Bull by Benedict XIV assigned all the assets of that rectorship to the Order of St. Maurice. From then on the king, as the Grand Master of the Order of St. Maurice, nominated the parish priest to the town. In 1929, in an agreement between the State and Church, the parish of Étroubles finally fell under the jurisdiction of the bishop. The early parish church was built in the same place as the current one, but faced in an East-West direction, with the altar to the east. Entry was through a door in the bell-tower, which is now separate from the church. Due to the reduced dimensions and its state of decline, it was demolished and replaced by the current church, built in 1814, with an altar placed to the north. The bell-tower was built in 1480 by Yolli de Vuetto, a master mason in Gressoney, who also built the bell-tower in Gignod between 1481 and 1485.

 
Meteo
Meteo

Подробности
Aosta
°C
°C
Веб камера
Веб камера
Bionaz

Webcams map       Resort
Saint-Rhémy Crevacol

Webcams map       Resort
Ollomont

Webcams map       Resort
Saint Oyen - Flassin

Webcams map       Resort