Parish church of Sant'Antonio Abate

Fontainemore

Balteus path

It was built in 1494 in the place of an old chapel and rebuilt in 1679, after the building was destroyed by a landslide. A Latin inscription which was sculpted in Gothic style characters on the stone of a window, which was once part of the Church and is now inserted into a wall in front of the curia, attributes the construction of the building to the master builder Antonio Goyet of Issime. In 1756, following a flood, the church had to be rebuilt again: the main wooden altar originates from this era.

Interesting details:
- the seventeenth century carved wooden portal, consisting of four panels representing the figures of Saint Gratus, Saint Jucundus, Saint Anthony and Saint Orso and six panels with leaves and flowers;
- the presbytery with a round apse dates back to the 15th century;
- the ribbed vault with stone ribbing covered in limestone and a rose window in the middle containing the coat of arms of the Vallaise family.

Contact

Parrocchia
Loc. Capoluogo, 120
11020 FONTAINEMORE (AO)
  • Telephone:
    0125.832127
 
Meteo
Meteo

Details
Aosta
°C
°C
Tourist Areas
Tourist Areas

Mont Blanc

Gran Paradiso

Great Saint Bernard

Aosta and surroundings

Matterhorn

Monte Rosa

Central Valley

Webcam
Webcam
Chamois

Webcams map       Resort
Champorcher

Webcams map       Resort
Saint Vincent - Col de Joux

Webcams map       Resort