Chapels

Challand-Saint-Victor

Oillon chapel
Situated in the hamlet of the same name (1,169 metres a.s.l.), it dates back to 1747 and is dedicated to Saint Gratus. Its naivety makes for a suggestive sight.

*Chapel of Saints Erasmus and James
Located in the hamlet of Isollaz, it was built in 1859 half way over a bridge, as a testimony of the request for divine protection on a dangerous place of passage.

Oratory of Saint-Maxime
Located in the hamlet of Tragnod, the chapel dates back to before the 15th century and is said to be the first church of Challand. According to tradition, the inhabitants of Issime, in the nearby Valley of Gressoney, crossed Col Dondeuil and went downhill as far as the alp of Cialesch to participate from there in the celebration of the Mass in the underlying chapel. The same itinerary is nowadays taken, in the opposite direction, by a track event which takes place during the month of September. On the facade, in the apse and in the triumphal arch, there are some significant frescoes dating back to 1441. Opposite the chapel a large rock presents numerous cupels, which may be of druidic origin.

Contact

Parrocchia
11020 CHALLAND-SAINT-VICTOR (AO)
  • Telephone:
    0125/967317- 0125/929093
Meteo
Meteo

Details
Aosta
°C
°C
Tourist Areas
Tourist Areas

Mont Blanc

Gran Paradiso

Great Saint Bernard

Aosta and surroundings

Matterhorn

Monte Rosa

Central Valley

Webcam
Webcam
Antagnod

Webcams map       Resort
Brusson

Webcams map       Resort
Champoluc

Webcams map       Resort
Gressoney La Trinité

Webcams map       Resort
Gressoney Saint Jean

Webcams map       Resort
Brusson - Palasinaz

Webcams map       Resort