Le desarpe de Vertosan - return from alpine pasture
- 30 September 2023 - 01 October 2023
Saturday 30th September - Avise and Saint-Nicolas
- 9.00 am - Villages of Vens (Saint-Nicolas) and Vedun (Avise)
Passage of the herds of the mountain pastures of the Vertosan valley
- 9.00 am - Saint-Nicolas, Fossaz hamlet
Market of typical local products “Km 0”
- 10.00 am - Saint-Nicolas, Fossaz hamlet
Arrival of the herds
- 12.00 pm - Saint-Nicolas, Fossaz hamlet
Lunch and afternoon with music (Lunch by the Pro loco or at the restaurants of Fossaz village).
A big celebration for the return of the herds down from their summer pastures to the valley.
The spirit of this Desarpa is authentic and genuine, an ancestral rite that has always marked the rhythm of the seasons in the mountains, in which the protagonists are the breeders with their cattle.
A real parade accompanied by the sound of cowbells for the real star of the occasion, the Aosta Valley cow.
On the program, also, market of local products, lunch and afternoon in music.