The “Seupa à la Vapelenentse" Festival
- 22 July 2022 - 24 July 2022
- 22h00 Musical Evening Mobile Disco and Buvette
- 19h30 dinner by reservation with the Seupa and assorted menus
- 10.45 Holy Mass at the parish church
- 12.30 lunch with the Seupa
Vapelenentse is a soup which is made using one of the best-known recipes in local cuisine. It is a typical farmhouse dish made with stale white bread and Fontina cheese. The two ingredients are cut into slices and then placed in layers, one on top of the other and dipped in broth, then covered in melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon before being baked in the oven. In the past, white bread was only bought for the sick and the elderly as it was so expensive, and this is why it was used to make this dish when it became dry.
- Simple but refined dish
- An appointment not to be missed
- A day of celebration
- Rediscover the Aosta Valley gastronomy
This festival, which is a particularly light-hearted event, takes place every year in Valpelline and it is an ideal occasion to try this delicious recipe accompanied by music and popular folk dances.