Chapels and shrines
To visit the chapels, contact the Parish.
CHAPEL OF S. GIOVANNI BATTISTA: this beautiful chapel is situated in the district of Lignod di Ayas, on its facade it has a painting by Franz Curta from Gressoney, dated 1875. The theme shows “Universal Judgement”.
CHAPEL OF PILAZ: the district of Pilaz is approximately 3 km before Champoluc. The chapel, which dates back to 1746, is dedicated to Michael the Archangel.
CHAPEL OF BISOUS: situated in the small district of Bisous, 1 Km from Antagnod, it is dedicated to the Madonna delle Nevi, celebrated on the 5th of August.
CHAPEL OF PRACHARBON: dedicated to St. Martin, it dates back to 1736 and rises up in the middle of the forest, along the old dirt road that links Ayas to Brusson. It is only visible from the outside.