Saint Roch chapel
The church is located at the entrance to Erésaz hamlet.
The original chapel dedicated to Saint Roch was presumably built in the early years of the 18th century, because the first document mentioning it dates back to a pastoral visit of 1713.
Under the direction of surveyor Villettaz, an extension took place between 1978 and ’79, consisting in the demolition of the original presbitery and the complete rebuilding of the bell tower; the renovated church was dedicated to Saint Roch, the Holy Family and Saint Mary of the Snows. The project was realized after the will of Mrs Maria Bonis Trèves, with the contribution of the Aosta Valley Region: the woman wanted to fulfil her uncle’s dream, the Abbé Trèves, who had always desired to erect in Emarèse a sanctuary dedicated to the Holy Family.
At the end of the enlargement works, the Abbé Trèves remains were carried from the cemetery of Excenex to Erésaz, and were buried under the altar of the church.