Passerin d'Entrèves Park
From March 15th to October 15th
9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 - 6 p.m.
From October 16th to October 30th
9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 - 5 p.m.
For groups visits, please make your phone reservation in advance.
The park survives thanks to delicate balances that must not be altered. This is why its use must be limited to respectful, peaceful and serene walks in the areas open to visitors.
The site is accessible to people with disabilities (with advence notice).
The park is part of the castle with the same name, situated on a height behind the Châtillon parish church.
The park, like the castle and the French styled Renaissance garden, assumed its current conformation in 1706. In fact, thanks to Paolina Solaro di Govone, wife of Giorgio Francesco di Challant, the castle was fully reconstructed and new trees were planted in the park. Nowadays the park belongs to the countness Claudia Passerin d’Entrèves.
Various trees were identified in this park as “monumental plants”, of different varieties, protected by a specific regional law. A linden with a 5 meter circumference, the old and majestic beech tree with a 5.5 meter circumference and an atlas cedar with a 4.5 meter circumference are among these. There are also ash, oak and maple trees of impressive sizes considering the characteristics of these species and the famous and majestic “linden and beech-lined lane” that offers a truly enchanting view of this site. The park covers about 3 hectares but only 2 hectares are accessible and constantly monitored. A sign has been placed before all the monumental plants listing their characteristics.
Telephone:(+39) 347 5195958