Coronavirus - the situation in Aosta Valley
Useful information regarding the situation in Aosta Valley
April 2, 2020
In Aosta Valley health monitoring is continuous, there are constant, transparent updates on the evolution of the situation by local authorities, and the Regional Health Service is organized to manage any cases of contagion.
In Aosta Valley, a Crisis Center was set up immediately, coordinated by the Regional Civil Protection, to manage the various situations related to the emergency of the Covid-19 virus. All healthcare facilities are controlled and a space has been set up for the preventive triage of any patients who enter the emergency room of the Umberto Parini Hospital in Aosta.
The following restrictive measures, approved by the Italian government, are valid throughout the national territory and, therefore, also in the Aosta Valley region:
Until April 13, 2020:
- suspension of the activities of restaurants, bars, pubs, ice cream parlors, patisseries. Bars and restaurants are still open in the motorway service areas, railway stations and hospitals ensuring compliance with the interpersonal safety distance of at least one metre
- suspension of all retail businesses except for the sale of food and basic necessities
- closure of museums, castles and places of culture, including libraries
- closure of discos, game rooms, Casino de la Vallée
- suspension of events and shows and closure of cinemas and theatres
- suspension of sport events and competitions
- closure of the ski lifts and snowparks until the end of the ski season. Summer skiing in Breuil-Cervinia will open according to future dispositions
- closure of the Skyway cable car
- closure of the cross-country ski tracks
Arrivals and departures
The access and the movement in the Aosta Valley, as well as throughout Italy, are limited to only trips justified by demonstrated work requirements or situations of need or transfers for health reasons. Return to your home is allowed.
Information is always available
The Coronavirus Emergency Crisis Center of the Aosta Valley Autonomous Region has activated the toll-free number 800.122.121 for non-medical information on the procedures that have been implemented for the management of coordinating actions of prevention and control.
For medical information, instead, or to report symptoms of flu or respiratory problems, call 112.
Monitoring by the Aosta Valley Health Authority is constant in order to prevent and to isolate any cases of infection.