La Dézarpa (cows parade)
- Saturday 28 September 2019
at 9h30 – in the centre of the village
- Big parade in the center of the village with authorities and local associations
- following traditional cows’ descent from the pastures the farmers are proud to show their “Queens”: red colour is the “horns Queen”, the “milk Queen” has white decoration.
At 12h30 (for a fee)
- Typical lunch prepared by the association “Lo Coer di Votornen”, then dancing afternoon with the group Le nostre Valli
From 3pm until 5pm
- childrens’ animation by the Maison de l’alpage
- Cows’ fight show
- Market “Lo Tsaven” with local products and traditional handcraft products
I twill be possible to buy the Dézarpa 2019 pendant – limited edition – at the price of 10€ at the Paquier parking (in Valtournenche) and in Maën
From 9h30 till the end of the event the regional road 46 will be closed from Buisson to Perrères. From 8am till 6pm there will be a free shuttle service from the CVA power plant in Maën to the Carrel parking of Valtournenche and to the parking in
Just like a curtain falls on the scene, the Dézarpa ideally closes the summer season in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche at the end of September; it is a custom that celebrates the return in the valley from the mountain pastures, where cows are brought to graze in the warmer months of the year.
The real and indisputable protagonist of the Desarpa is in fact the cow, which is carefully brushed and decorated with multi-coloured decorations to return to the valley.
A real and proper parade accompanied by the sound of bells for the real star of the event, the Valdostane, red speckled cow.
The parade, from Breuil to the hamlets of Maen in Valtournenche, is attended by farmers, mountain guides, ski instructors, mountaineers, the various local associations and some residents in traditional costumes.
The entire parade offers small refreshment points along the road, with music and folklore.
The day ends with an outdoor lunch for all and dancing.