- 10 October 2020 - 11 October 2020
Thursday 10th October 2019
- 2.00 pm: dancing afternoon with the Donnas Centro Anziani;
Friday 11th October 2019
- 7.30 pm: Bavarian dinner: Lowenbrau beer and Bavarian gastronomic specialties with the company of the Gibierfest Band Orchestra
Saturday 12th October 2019
- 2.30 pm: 2nd edition of workshops dedicated to children of bread making with the expert bakers of the Chappoz farm;
- 7.30 pm: dinner with lamb stew;
- 9.30 pm: Great dancing evening with the Orchestra Liscio Simpatia – Free entry.
Sunday 13th October 2019
- 12.00: restaurant opening with typical Aosta Valley menu.
- Joyful afternoon with the Société Philarmonique di Arnad;
- 2.00 pm: start of distribution of mendaye (roast chestnuts cooked by the Pro Loco;
- 2.30 pm: afternoon with entertainment for children and games with the 2002 conscripts;
- 3.00 pm: mendaye competition – roast chestnut cooking competition open to everybody (registration on the spot from 1.30 to 2.30 pm);
- 5:30 pm: awarding of the prizes of the mendaye competition with the “Golden Chestnut”;
- 7.30 pm: dinner with friends
The chestnut festival is held on the second Sunday in October – the one after the grape festival. The aim is to assess the chestnut, a typical local product.
One kind of chestnut, the “donnasc”, according to etymological interpretations of the toponymy, seems to have give rise to the name of the town itself.
At the core of the event is the competition between the chestnut roasters who compete for the castagna d’oro (the golden chestnut).