The structure that houses the regional library, designed by the architect Gianni Debernardi, was built astride the Roman walls, next to the Porta decumana, on the tower which for centuries housed a Hospice de charité.
The Aosta regional library has been open since 1996 and in 2011 it was named after the Aosta Valley politician Bruno Salvadori (1942-1980).
The old Hospice chapel has been transformed into a modern 78-seat conference room, equipped with all the technologies to host conferences and presentations. The space in front of the conference room regularly hosts temporary exhibitions.
Covering an area of 9,000 square meters, of which 6,000 are intended for the public, here are some of the services offered by the Aosta Regional Library
- Consultation room
- Valle d’Aosta fund
- Newspaper library
- Video store
- Federalist Fund
- fixed workstations and wifi service for free internet access
- rooms for personal study
It has an independent entrance with respect to the adult section. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Loan of books, audio books and music CDs
- Room for listening to sound documents
- Theater for cinema projections of cartoons or films for children and theatrical performances (on Saturdays at 5.00 pm)
- Collective readings (“L’ora del racconto” on Thursdays at 5.30 pm)
- Atelier for games and expressive activities
- Internet and multimedia station
Telephone:0165.274800 - 0165.274861
Fax:0165.274808 - 0165.274848