"Fiocca" (whipped cream) Festival
- Sunday 25 June 2023
Excursions and meals for a fee € 16,00
Follow the road for Valgrisenche to Planaval. Here, continue to Baulin on a fully paved road.
- 9.30 am - guided excursions
- 12.30 pm group lunch prepared with local specialities (carbonada, polenta, soça, cheese
- 4.30 pm free distribution of the fiocca
This festival, whose first edition dates back to 1972, is held in the village of Baulin (1700m) at the entrance to Valgrisenche.
The fiocca (milk cream) is vigorously whipped by hand, using “fouets” (willow whips), inside the “Borna”, which is one of the deep caverns providing respiration to the great glacier hidden in the heart of the mountain.
A lunch is served in the open air with many traditional dishes:
- polenta e carbonada” (meat cooked in wine)
- Soça (stewed vegetables)
- brossa (cream made from whey) and cheese
In the afternoon, it is time for the fiocca, which is offered to all those taking part by the Pro Loco Association.
Info and reservation: guided excursion by reservation. Call no. +39 366 2828861 (Giada) before Friday June 23.