Sarieula Festival (wild thyme)
- 16 May 2019 - 19 May 2019
Thursday 16th May
6th Tor de la Sarieula, footrace of 7 km.
- 6.30 pm Departure not-competitive race – Rapy
- 7.00 pm Departure competitive race – From Champagnet to Rapy.
- later dinner, prizegiving and lottery
Friday 17th May
- 10.30 pm disco dancing with Planet Music and Sangria party – free entrance
Saturday 18th May
- 9.00 pm dancing evening with I ragazzi del Villaggio, election of Miss and Mister Sarieula
free entrance –
Sunday 19th May
- 12.30 pm Food stall opens with specialities made with sarieula (wild thyme) – Reservation is recommended at the following numbers: +39 329.4848336- +39 327.6869572
In the afternoom Dance and music with ‘’Marco e Simon Band’’ – Free entrance
Sunday 20th May: Feast of the Alpine Group of Verrayes
- 9.45 am meeting at the square Vescoz
- 10.00 am deposition crown to the Monument of the Fallen
- 10.30 am Mass at the monument dedicated to the Virgin Lady of the Alpini – Pointy hamlet
- 12:30 lunch at Rapy sport area
News: Sarieula Market from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
There are now a large number of food and wine festivals organised throughout the year in Valle d’Aosta and the Feta de la sarieula is, without doubt, one of the most original.
The area in the town of Verrayes is one of the few areas in Valle d’Aosta where a vast amount of wild thyme grows and whose growth is without doubt linked to xerothermic surroundings.
The Feta de la sarieula is, therefore, an opportunity to learn about and appreciate this wild herb that is used to cook a variety of dishes. The event includes a meal prepared with sarieula as well as evenings and afternoon of dancing.
Telephone:+39 327 6869572 - +39 329 4848336