Parish church of the Saints Peter and Paul

Saint-Pierre

The current church of Saint-Pierre was entirely built in 1871-72 on the ruins of the previous, medieval churches. The church has a rectangular plan and only one nave: during the first half of the twentieth century, brothers Alessandro and Auguste Artari decorated the façade and the vault, representing The Last Supper, the Evangelists and Saints of the Aosta Valley on the white marble main altar. The altar is overlooked by a beautiful canvas by Stornone from 1889 where Our Lord and Saint Peter are distinguished. The large frame is by the sculptor Comoletti.
The church hosts a nineteenth-century, walnut pulpit whose carved panels recall the life of Saint Peter. The belltower dates back to the thirteenth century: the tower is square shaped in plastered stone with loopholes from top to bottom and openings to one, two and even three bell lodgement chambers.

Contact

Parrocchia dei Santi Pietro e Paolo
Località Luboz 1
11010 SAINT PIERRE (AO)
  • Telephone:
    (+39)0165 903015
See also
 
Meteo
Meteo

Details
Aosta
°C
°C
Tourist Areas
Tourist Areas

Mont Blanc

Gran Paradiso

Great Saint Bernard

Aosta and surroundings

Matterhorn

Monte Rosa

Central Valley

Webcam
Webcam
Cogne

Webcams map       Resort
Rhemes Notre Dame

Webcams map       Resort
Saint Nicolas

Webcams map       Resort
Valgrisenche

Webcams map       Resort
Valsavarenche

Webcams map       Resort