Château Verdun

Saint-Oyen

Rules for visitors

Situated along the road that leads down to Flassin, the building was erected between the 10th and the 11th century. In 1137 it was donated by Amadeus III of Savoy to the Canons of the Gran San Bernardo Hospice, who used it as a stopping station and farmhouse annexed to the hospice.
The building still belongs to the canons of the Gran San Bernardo, and over time, it too became a hospice for wayfarers on their way to the hill.
Today, in addition to the canons, Château Verdun receives individuals and groups interested in periods of study, reflection and rest, as well as scientific meetings.
The square-plan building with its characteristic pitch roof, contains furnishings of considerable interest. The underground rooms have exquisite barrel and cross vaults.

Contact

Château Verdun
Str. Flassin, 1
11010 SAINT OYEN (AO)
  • Telephone:
    (+39) 0165 78247
 
Meteo
Meteo

Details
Aosta
°C
°C
Tourist Areas
Tourist Areas

Mont Blanc

Gran Paradiso

Great Saint Bernard

Aosta and surroundings

Matterhorn

Monte Rosa

Central Valley

Tourist offer
Tourist offer
Webcam
Webcam
Bionaz

Webcams map       Resort
Saint-Rhémy Crevacol

Webcams map       Resort
Ollomont

Webcams map       Resort
Saint Oyen - Flassin

Webcams map       Resort