Chapel of Morge
It dates back to 1671 and is dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalen (feast day 22 July). The facade, which is in quite a poor state of repair, is decorated by large frescoes representing the Virgin with Child, Mary Magdalen, a warrior and Saint Christopher. The wooden separation grate is still visible on the inside.
The foundation date of the chapel dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalen (celebrated on July 22) is not known, but it already existed in 1436, as evidenced by the report of the archdeacon visit of that year. The current building was renovated in 1671 as indicated by the date engraved on the roof beam and again in 1985.
The structure has a small bell tower with two bells. The ogival shape of the door is noteworthy. The wooden separation grate is still visible on the inside.
The facade, rather ruined, is decorated with four scenes, three of which are arranged on the same level, above the entrance door. They are attributed to Giacomino da Ivrea who made them between 1440 and 1450. They depict Saint George and the princess (left panel), the Virgin and Child and Saint Christopher (right panel). Higher up is instead depicted the Magdalene, a fresco that dates back to 1619.
Telephone:(+39) 0165 861288