The Reading park of Morgex
- Вся Валле д’Аоста: 920
- Km da Aosta: 26
- Fontanili: 1
- Servizi igienici: 1
The Reading Park of Morgex is a green area for people of every age.
It’s open all year long, during the day,free access.
During the Winter season, closures are possible due to ice or snow.
- It’s a park to play with different game stations for chasing words, a mysterious labyrinth in which you must face seven very rare words, a book, the great game of the goose with its 63 giant boxes distributed on large dunes and a little house on tree.
- It’s a park for sharing there are two areas for small shows, readings with music, moments of meeting and discussion.
- It’s a park for reading with relaxing benches along the river or in the middle of a meadows with flowers where people can read a book brought from home or found in the book-crossing areas of the park or in the village of Morgex, in peacefullness.
- It’s a park for observing from which it’s possible to admire the Monte Bianco and the imposing chain of mountains that surround it, but also the Baltea river which runs along the park. The careful selection of botanical species and the charming blooming garden can ensure a pleasant immersion in a green world.
- It’s a park to remember the paths in the Park follows the lay-out of the old railway assigned to the goods yard and to the driving of wagons on the railway line “Aosta- Pré-Saint-Didier”.
It was built at the end of 1920 to encourage the exploitation of Arpy and La Thuile mines.
The historical railway station of Morgex is still visible from the Park. The bridge, at the south access to the Park, and over which an original square on the water has been built, once was employed as a connection between the mining material factory ( today converted into Monte Bianco mineral water establishment ) and the railway station.
A new train, completely accessible to everybody, welcomes the visitors from the east access to the Park.
- It’s an accessible Park planned and furnished with the aim to ensure the complete accessibility.
-all the paths of the Park are accessible by wheelchairs and pushchairs.
-audio supports can be downloaded in the Park with QRcode or on the website of the Reading Park and they can ensure the fruition of the games by blind and dyslexic people who can enjoy the advantages of a mediated reading.
-the key words of all games are available in braille, too.
-the videos in LIS ( Italian signs language) can help the fruition of the games and the access to “guide books” by deaf people.
Visits and didactic projects can be arranged by school groups.