Новогодняя Ярмарка "Marché Vert Noël"
- 25 Ноябрь 2023 - 07 Январь 2024
From Monday to Friday 11am - 8pm
Saturday, Sunday and holidays 10am - 10pm
25/12/23 and 01/01/24 3pm - 8pm
- November 25th and December 3rd from 3pm to 5pm - craftsmanship demonstration: "Giving soul to wood" with Osvaldo Figerod
The craftsman, taking inspiration from nature and the mountains that surround him, brings everything that animates the forest back to life. In his creations he uses the chainsaw and does it with extreme skill and lightness.
- December 10th and 17th from 3pm to 5pm - Free activity aimed at children aged 3 to 12: "Santa's Little Helpers" - Educational Carpentry Workshop of the MAV (Museum of Traditional Aosta Valley Crafts). The children, with saws, drills and hammers, work the wood like real craftsmen! With the right mix of manual skills and creativity they will create small decorations for the Christmas tree together.
- December 23rd from 3pm to 5pm - demonstration of craftsmanship: "Shoeing in joy" with Michel Pelliccioni and "A look at the past" with the sabotier Gontran Sarteur
It will be possible to admire the "musical rhythm" in the fascinating work of the blacksmith and observe the creation of the traditional sabot, the sturdy wooden shoe... ancient savoir faire that retain the same characteristics of the past.
- January 7th from 3pm to 5pm - craftsmanship demonstration: “The old school of agricultural tools” by Lilliano Savoye
The tools and objects for agriculture represent the origins of traditional Aosta Valley craftsmanship, the fulcrum of the thousand-year-old Sant'Orso Fair. Lilliano and his collaborators will create some of these artefacts "live".
Between the end of November and the beginning of January, the Marché Vert Noël turns some places in the historic centre of Aosta - the squares Roncas, Caveri and Giovanni XXIII - into enchanting alpine villages.
Delicious local specialties, wines, handicrafts, traditional objects, gifts, Nordic inspirations… affordable little luxuries to conjure up the convivial flavour of the festive season!
Every day, visitors can stroll through the “Streets” of the villages, between the chalets, in search of a gift idea among the crafts on display: candles, handmade soaps, ceramics, wooden handicrafts, antique objects and furniture, clothing and accessories in boiled wool and felt, hemp, lace, Christmas decorations, typical food, wine, sweets and pastries from the region, articles featuring découpage or other decorative or craft techniques.
- gift ideas in a magical atmosphere
- discover the typical products and local crafts
- in the heart of the historic center: visit the Roman monuments of Augusta Praetoria, the archaeological museum, the Cathedral and Sant’Orso
- take advantage of the guided tours of the city of Aosta
Along the streets of the Marché Vert Noël there will be an exhibition of works by local artisans, experts in woodworking, capable of transforming logs into works of art that warm the heart and surprise young and old.
Craft demonstrations and activities for children will delight participants on some days, as indicated in the programme.