Mont Avic Regional Park visitors centre - Champdepraz
- open on Saturdays and Sundays
- opening hours: 8.30am-1pm and 2.30pm-6pm
For schools, organized groups and accommodation facilities, possibility of opening on reservation, by sending a request at latest 3 days before the visit at the address e-mail reported in the “Contacts” section.
Located in Chevrère, in the village of Covarey, the Mont Avic Regional Park visitors centre includes:
- an information point where you can watch films and admire pictures of the park on the large video wall, receive detailed information and publications on Mont Avic and the entire protected alpine area network and consult nature publications;
- a nature museum that describes the Park’s rocky environments, wetlands and forests, involving visitors with interactive systems;
-a multipurpose room where educational activities, films, meetings and temporary exhibits are held;
- a model in 1:5000 scale, located on the lawn, that faithfully reproduces the park and its surroundings.
Brochures and pamphlets are available in the outdoor distributor even when the information point is closed.
Inside the Centre the map of Mont Avic Park scaled at 1:25,000 can be purchased for 5,00 €; it includes useful information for hikers – in Italian, French and English – and two simplified cartographic inserts.
Another reliable guide to the routes, refuges and refreshment points of the Park is the Mont Avic Park APP, which can be downloaded for free both for iPhone and Android. It can also be used in offline mode, it therefore also works where there is no signal.