Parish church of the Assumption of Mary
The parish of Bard, although it was already mentioned in 1176, was actually always managed by the parish priest of Hône, who regularly went there to celebrate the Mass. Nevertheless, given that the suburb of Bard was often closed and remained isolated even for lengthy periods, and given that the bridge between the two towns was occasionally interrupted due to adverse weather conditions, in the eighteenth century the inhabitants asked for their own parish. On the 24th of January 1775 the Bishop decreed the establishment of the parish of Bard. The church, which was dedicated to the Assumption of Mary, dates back to 1868 and is probably the result of the restoration of a previous one, which was much older, perhaps from around the same time as the beautiful Romanesque bell tower, which dates back to the 12th – 13th centuries.