- 20 February 2020 - 26 February 2020
€.5,00 lo spettacolo piromusicale di martedì 25/02/2020.
I biglietti si possono acquistare presso l’Info Point di Via Chanoux 71 e presso il camper situato in Piazza IV Novembre.
Thursday 20th February 2020
- 2.00 p.m. – On IV Novembre Square Mini Historical Carnival of the “Prati Nuovi” Regional Kindergarten.
Parade of the “Bataclan” marching band and of the characters of the Carnival acted by the children.
Afterward, Mini Burning of the Devil on IV Novembre Square.
With the participation of the Pont-Saint-Martin Band and the Pipes and Drums from Arnad.
- 9.00 p.m. – Carnevalissima 2020 – Spectacular show featuring music, theatre, dance and much more besides, organised by the “Amici del teatro di Pont-Saint-Martin” (Theatre Friends) company, at the Town Auditorium. Entry: 5,00 €
Friday 21st February 2020
- 7.30 p.m. – Carnaval do Rio de Ponteiros – 12th edition of the Veillà” (night-time celebrations) of the Pont-Saint-Martin Carnival: a full gourmet menu, prepared by the “Insulae” (local neighbourhood groups) and served throughout the night along Via Chanoux, accompanied by music and masked characters.
In case of bad weather, the event will take place at the Espace de la Rencontre, in the public gardens.
- 15th edition of the funniest mask competition.
- 9.30 p.m. - Exhibition of the Banners of the Insulae (neighbourhoods), hung over the balconies of the Town Hall, with the participation of a delegation from each neighbourhood.
Saturday 22nd February 2020
- 8.30 p.m. – Official presentation of the Historical Characters of the 110th Historical Carnival in IV Novembre Square.
- 9.30 p.m. – Firework music display in the setting around the ancient Roman bridge
- 9.45 – Torchlight Parade along the Via Romana with the Historical Characters and the participation of the Insulae, the Salassi del Lys, the Pont-Saint-Martin Band, the Pipes and Drums from Andrate.
- 10.00 p.m. – Opening dancing night at the Maison du Boulodrome.
Sunday 23rd February 2020
- 9.30 p.m. – Grand Gala parade of the Insulae from 1° Maggio Square to IV Novembre Square, featuring the Historical Carnival Characters and their Followers and the Pont-Saint-Martin Band.
- 10.00 a.m. – Show-Parade through the streets of the centre of Folk Groups.
- 2.30 p.m. – (departure from the Maison du Boulodrome Square)
Splendid parade of Folks and Masked Groups with the Historical Characters, their Followers and the Pont-Saint-Martin Band.
- 5.00 p.m. – Prizes awarded to the Masked Groups at the Maison du Boulodrome.
Monday 24th February 2020
- 9.30 p.m. – Parade featuring the Historical Characters and their Followers, with the participation of the Pont-Saint-Martin Band
- 10.00 a.m. – Reception for the Historical Characters and their Followers at the Town Hall.
- 10.45 a.m. – Blessing of the bean soup in Piazza 1° Maggio.
- 11.00 a.m. – Distribution of fat bean soup and salami
- 12.00 noon – Beansoup at the Maison du Boulodrome. Reservation requested at the Infopoint in Chanoux Street 71.
- 3.00 p.m. – Parade of the Insulae from 1° Maggio Square to IV Novembre Square, featuring the Historical Carnival Characters and their Followers and the Pont-Saint-Martin Band.
- 3.30 p.m. – 35th Chariot Race in Roman costume and Roman Relay Race in Roman period costume.
- 4.30 p.m. – Prize-giving ceremony and display of the Banner of the winning Insula 2020 on the central balcony of the Town Hall
- 5.00 p.m. – Children’s Carnival at the Maison du Boulodrome, with the participation of the Historical Characters
- 9.30 p.m. – Fantastic masked ball at the Maison du Boulodrome.
Tuesday 25th February 2020
- 2.30 p.m. – Extraordinary float parade with the participation of the Historical Carnival Characters and their Followers, the Pont-Saint-Martin Band and the Pipes and Drums of Andrate.
- 5.00 p.m. – Arrival of the floats in Piazza IV Novembre
*8.45 p.m. – Burning of the devil
- 9.00 p.m. – An enchanting, extraordinary, matchless music and firework show, in the setting of the magnificent Roman Bridge (entry 5,00 €, pre-selling at the Infopoint in Chanoux Street 71).
- 10.30 p.m. – Spectacular closing dancing night at the Maison du Boulodrome.
Wednesday 26th February 2020
- 12.30 p.m. – Traditional “polenta and hake” at the Maison du Boulodrome. Reservation requested at the Infopoint in Chanoux Street 71.
How to arrive: if you want to come to the Carnival using the public means:
- for going, here is the timetable of the “buses”: http://www.vitagroup.it/asset/aosta-psm-29-11-19.pdf
- for coming back in late night, you can use the ”new free night bus service” :https://www.lovevda.it/Media/Default/Allegati-PDF/850_it.pdf
San Martino (the Bishop) and his adversary Satan, then the Roman Consul, the Tribunes of the People, the Roman Guards and their Officer and, lastly, the Lily Nymph accompanied by her two Maids are the leading characters in the historical carnival in Pont-Saint-Martin. A key feature of the carnival is the chariot race: each district or “insula” in the town has its own chariot and team consisting of a charioteer and a number of athletic youngsters, whose job it is to pull the chariot. Tuesday is a day when the carnival parade is held with floats from Point-Saint-Martin, some nearby villages and towns in Piedmont and Val d’Aosta. The day comes to a close beneath the span of the old Roman bridge, with the burning of Diavolo Satana (Satan) and a spectacular firework display.