"Fiocca" (whipped cream) Festival
- Sunday 26 June 2022
Excursion and lunch 15€
Follow the road for Valgrisenche to Planaval. Here, continue to Baulin on a fully paved road.
- 9.45 am – guided excursions – Reservations required by Friday 24 June +39 366 2828861 (Giada)
- 12.30 pm group lunch prepared with local specialities (carbonada, polenta, soça, cheese
- 4 pm-4.30 pm free distribution of the fiocca
This festival, whose first edition dates back to 1972, is held in the village of Baulin (1700m) at the entrance to Valgrisenche.
The fiocca (cream) is vigorously whipped by hand, using “fouets” (willow whips), inside the “Borna”, which is one of the deep caverns providing respiration to the great glacier hidden in the heart of the mountain.
A lunch is served in the open air with many traditional dishes:
- polenta e carbonada” (meat cooked in wine)
- Soça (stewed vegetables)
- brossa (cream made from whey) and cheese
In the afternoon, it is time for the fiocca, which is offered to all those taking part by the Pro Loco Association.
Telephone:(+39) 328 3581387