Parish Church of San Biagio
The parish of Doues existed as early as 1176, as a result of a Papal Bull by Alexander III. It was firstly joined with that of Allein and it is not known when they separated. The first church in Doues, dedicated to St. Peter, is located in the village of La Cerise. Then, perhaps between 1300 and 1400, the church moved to the town centre, probably because a landslide was threatening the building. Besides St.Peter, St. Biagio was added as a patron saint, up to 1550. The current church was built in 1790 and was dedicated to the latter saint. The church includes a pre-existing chapel which was built by the Lords of La Crête, where one can find their tomb.
There are another five chapels in the town. The oldest is that of Châtelair, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, which dates back to the XV century; it was rebuilt in 1806 at an altitude of 1,430 metres on hilltop that dominates the entire town.